Public Assistance and Child Support Payments

When receiving public assistance for a child, the attorney general’s child support division will be looking for the non-custodial parent. The missing parent will be responsible for repaying the public assistance to the state. The issue that most parents have when trying to get child support payments is the other parent is laying low.

That’s our specialty, we find people no one else can find. Getting that other parent served with process is the important first step in getting a child support order. If the absent parent is unstable, the state may choose to continue benefits and force the non-custodial parent to repay the money to the state directly.